Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Patrick Park: Putting Past Poisons Gently To Sleep

Sometimes a song will start playing on the radio  your ipod, that you had completely forgotten about.  One that you loved, but for some reason it completely escaped the "heavy rotation" section of your music library, never to be heard from again.  That is, until it creeps up one day, and the love affair has started all over once again.

As you may have guessed, that recently happened to me.  Back in college I stumbled upon an artist named Patrick Park.  One song in particular caught my attention, entitled "Past Poisons".  I downloaded the whole album instantly, because of how much I liked this song.  I don't know why it slipped from my list of well-liked songs, because upon hearing it the other day it returned.  It's the honesty and emotion of the chorus that gets me.  He sings, "If you want me/ You'll know where I'll be/ Putting past poisons gently to sleep."

"Past Poisons" is off Patrick Park's debut studio album Loneliness Knows My Name.  He's since released two more full length albums, the latest being 2010's Come What Will.

Patrick Park performing "Past Poisons"...



Find more from Patrick Park at his website.

No comments:

Post a Comment