Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ben Harper and Relentless 7: So I Can Fall Apart

My apologies for the my brief absence.  I went and bought a house! I now have Internet, so let the updates continue!

At the age of 12 Ben Harper was performing his first gig.  I, on the other hand, spent most of my time trying to avoid the pitfalls of middle school.  Ben Harper's first record was released in 1992 and he's been steadily releasing music in the years since.  Harper is an extremely skilled guitar player, and is best known for his Weissenborn guitar skills.

In 2009 Ben Harper and Relentless 7 released White Lies and Dark Times, which is my favorite studio release from Ben Harper since he and the Innocent Criminals released Burn To Shine in 1999.  Here's Ben Harper and Relentless 7 playing "Keep It Together (So I Can Fall Apart)"


As you can see and hear, Ben Harper is amazing to see live!  He's also releasing a new album next month entitled Give Till It's Gone.  For more information on Ben Harper visit his website!

1 comment:

  1. Steve, I love me some Ben Harper...so good! I absolutely adore his mellow stuff--simply perfection.

    And, congrats on the house! :)

    ReplyDelete