Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cover Thursdays- If I Ventured In the Slipstream

Thanks to everyone who has stopped by so far!  I hope you're enjoying the muisc.

One of my favorite aspects of music, is when one artist covers another and puts their own spin on an already established song.  Sometimes a song takes off in a direction that's entirely different than originally imagined.

To pay homage to some of the great covers out there, I now proclaim every Thursday as "Cover Thursday" (at least on this blog).  To kick us off, I picked a cover that blew me away the first time I saw it live!  Here's Glen Hansard (The Swell Season, The Frames) covering Van Morrison's "Astral Weeks."



3 comments:

  1. Fabulous idea! I love covers too...but only if they're good, of course.

    PS: 1 <3 Glen Hansard! So good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS again: Can you post some Swell Season sometime?! They're sooo darn good together! Have you seen Once? Amazing!
    I just found these guys about a year ago...haven't given too much of a listen to The Frames yet, but I hear they're amazing too...and, really, how could they not be with Glen in the band!

    I guess that's enough of my stalking this blog for tonight. Keep it up! I'm totally loving it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey LeAnne! I absolutely can! I'll be posting one real soon. The biggest challenge is picking the Swell Season video that's the best. I'm so glad you like them. The Frames are great too. Very similar but a little more racous. They are in my short list of favorite bands! They'll be coming up soon though!!

    ReplyDelete