Saturday, February 19, 2011

Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros: Home Is Wherever I'm With You

Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros most likely were transported here via time machine from the 1960's.  It will seem like a completely reasonable theory when you see the video.  Their 2009 debut album Up From Below was met with wildly positive reviews.  You've most likely heard Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros before, as many of their songs have been featured on commercials and TV shows.

Today's post has two videos!  One comically entertaining, and the other just downright adorable.  First, here's Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros playing their single "Home" for NPR's Tiny Desk Concert series.  By the way, I don't think I'm going out on a limb by assuming that most of the 10 band members are stoned out of their minds.  I'd like to enter singer Jade Castrinos' "Good morning everyone!" as exhibit A.  It's past 2PM!


The second video just might be the cutest thing you will ever see!  Jorge Narvaez and his 6 year-old daughter Alexa perform "Home" on The Ellen Show!  It's adorable.  There's a home video version too, but I chose this one because she wants to give the audience high fives! I guarantee it will make your day better!



1 comment:

  1. She's either stoned or autistic! Haha! Either way I'm adding this band to my list of people I need to download! I loved this!

    ReplyDelete