Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Death Cab For Cutie: Arms Outstretched, Trying To Take Flight

Death Cab For Cutie is a band that snuck up on me over the years.  They're band that most music lovers already know.  I own  a couple of their records, but listened to them only occasionally.  That is until just recently when I realized just how many songs gradually crept their way onto my frequently played lists.  When I think about it, Death Cab For Cutie is a perfect band for my taste, mostly for the emotionally charged lyrics.  I spend a lot of free time exploring new bands, but sometimes it's good to appreciate what's right in front of you.

Here's Death Cab For Cutie performing "Brothers On A Hotel Bed" off 2005's Plans album.  The lyrics are pretty powerful.


Death Cab For Cutie is currently on tour with Frightened Rabbit.  You can check out more information from Death Cab For Cutie on their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment