Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Avett Brothers: Every Chorus Was Your Name

I never thought I'd enjoy a band like The Avett Brothers.  Before I was given their CD, anything that was somewhat similar to bluegrass just wasn't appealing to me.  Well this band changed that.  Three songs in, and I was sold.  Not only on them, but on bluegrass too.  Since that time I've discovered bands like Frontier Ruckus and Trampled By Turtles.

The Avett Brothers rise to fame is refreshing.  Sometimes it seems like being a "successful" artist is more about looks than it is about talent.  However, for a band from the hills of North Carolina playing bluegrass, to make it on to the Grammy's it can't possibly be about looks... trust me!  The Avett Brother's 2009 release, I and Love and You catapulted the band into stardom, but their entire catalog is outstanding.

The Avett Brothers are an amazing band to see live!  Here they are playing "Laundry Room" from I and Love and You.


The Avett Brothers' website always has something new, so check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment