Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Matt Nathanson: I Can Almost Believe That I'm Almost Enough

Matt Nathanson is absolutely one of my favorite artists to see live!  Not only is he incredibley talented, but he's also hilarious.  It's a concert and a comedy act all rolled into one.  While Matt Nathanson's humor is an added bonus, the real star is the music.  His songs are geniune with powerful lyrics, that are some of my favorite to quote.  He also plays off the wall covers.  Songs like Prince's "Starfish and Coffee", Boston's "More Than A Feeling", throw in some Bon Jovi, Springsteen, Ozzy Osborne, the man can find a way to play anything.

One of my favorite things about Matt Nathanson is how in touch he is with his fans.  More than any other artist I know, he is constantly in contact with fan through facebook, twitter, mailing lists, and blogs.  He's a pioneer and lover of music as well.  While music companies are struggling to figure out how to utilize the internet, Matt Nathanson has been a strong supporter of using the internet to help mid and lower level bands get their music heard.  He's a champion of struggling musicians, and I think, and excellent role model to follow for anyone starting out in music.

So, Matt Nathanson hasn't released a new album in almost four years.  However, just a few weeks ago we received the great news that a new album, entitled Modern Love will be coming in June!  It's been far too long.  Here's Matt Nathanson performing "Suspended" from 2003's Beneath These Fireworks.I


You need to see Matt Nathanson live!  You won't regret it.  I'm sure tour dates will accompany the June release of Modern Love, so be sure to check in with Matt Nathanson's website for updates!

1 comment:

  1. I am also anxiously anticipating the new album!!!! <3 There's just something about his lyrics that cuts straight to the soul, I swear.

    ReplyDelete