Monday, June 20, 2011

Caravan Countdown- Dawes: You As A Sunset

One of the bands I'm most looking forward to seeing this weekend, is Dawes.  Dawes is one of those bands I've heard about, but never took the time to explore.  I have a feeling I'm going to regret that.  Dawes was a late addition to the DMB Caravan lineup.  I've seen them all over Daytrotter.  When researching some of the bands, Dawes was an immediate hit.  They sound like they belong in the 70's pop or singer/songwriter movement.

Dawes just released their second full length album, Nothing Is Wrong, just two weeks ago.  However the song that hooked me comes from their debut album North Hills.  Here's Dawes performing, "Love Is All I Am".  The lyrics blow me away!  Hope you enjoy!



I really like the future of this band.  I wish I had taken the time to explore their music earlier.  Take a look at their website.  You can find their new album there as well as on itunes and other music outlets!

No comments:

Post a Comment