Thursday, June 30, 2011

Cover Thursday- I Wish I Was Special

Sarah Jaffe is opening for Centro-matic at Mohawk Place in Buffalo (my home town) tomorrow night.  Her debut album Suburban Nature is one of my favorite albums of the last year.  I'm leaving for home in the morning and if I can make it on time, I'll be at the show.

Despite the massive amounts of popularity and success Radiohead has experienced in the last 10-15 years, perhaps their most widely known and famous song is "Creep" off their 1993 debut Pablo Honey.  The beauty of creep is how thinly veiled it is.  More than most any other song it is straight forward, to the point, and honest.  In my opinion, the reason why it's so popular is because at some point everyone has longed to be included, but felt so hopelessly different than everyone else.

Take a listen to Sarah Jaffe covering Radiohead's "Creep".  What's most powerful about the performance is the sold out crowd singing along to every word.  It's truly beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment