Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Ray LaMontagne: Lay Your Blouse Across The Chair

Welcome to June!!!  June is a great month.  The school year is almost over.  BBQ's are nearly a weekly ritual, and it's summer concert season!  The highlight that I'm looking forward to most this month is the DMB Caravan festival in Atlantic City at the end of the month!  It's a three day event of amazing music.  There are at least a dozen bands I want to check out, and I'm sure I'll find new bands to enjoy as well.

One of the performers at this month's festival is Ray LaMontagne.  Ironically, I first heard Ray LaMontagne open for Dave Matthews Band in 2005.  In my opinion, he has one of the most unique and outstanding voices of anyone making music these days.  One of the things that draws me to Ray LaMontagne is that he's so shy and withdrawn that when he performs it's almost like you're entering his soul.  Since seeing him open for Dave Matthews, I've seen him live three other times.  Each time he's put on a great show.  At the last concert this past summer, he performed "Henry Nearly Killed Me (It's A Shame)" which blew the crowd away.  His music is known for being quiet, laid back, and beautiful, but he knows how to write a raucous song as well.

Ray LaMontagne has released four full length albums since his debut Trouble was released in 2005.  His latest release, God Willin' & The Creek Don't Rise was released last summer.  Here's Ray LaMontagne performing one of my favorites "Empty".  The lyrics are pure poetry.


Ray LaMontagne is touring this summer.  You should buy tickets!  You won't be sorry.  Take a date too!  You can see tour dates by going here.  Also, be on the look out for more posts about acts appearing at DMB Caravan!

No comments:

Post a Comment