Friday, May 20, 2011

Trombone Shorty & Orleans Ave: Backatown

In September I went to Virgin Mobile Free-Fest at Merriweather Post Pavilion.  Out of all the bands I had the pleasure of seeing, Trombone Shorty and Orleans Ave made the biggest impression.  They were absolutely amazing.  Trombone Shorty, otherwise known as Troy Andrews is the frontman for the group.  He's amazingly talented, and has been playing Trombone almost from the minute he was born.  He was a band leader and the age of six.  The only thing I led at six years old was the line from my 1st grade classroom to the gym.  His band is very unique.  It's not hard to identify the New Orleans influence on Trombone Shorty's music, but there's also funk, rock, and hip-hop.  I've been waiting to see them in concert ever since, and today I get my chance!  Trombone Shorty and Orleans Ave will be playing in Richmond tonight, and it's sure to be a fun time.

Check out Trombone Shorty and Orleans Ave. playing "Backatown" from their 2010 album by the same name.  Make sure to listen the whole way through.  The horns are phenomenal!


Learn more about Trombone Shorty's music by going here.  Also, if you get a chance to see them live this summer, go for it.  You won't be sorry.  Concert review coming on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment