Monday, May 2, 2011

Meiko: Give Me A Reason To Fall In Love

Oh Meiko, how I love you.  Waaay back in 2008 I was at Jammin' Java to see Joe Purdy in concert.  Then out of nowhere, an angel walked on stage.  That angel was named Meiko.  I'm kidding, I don't know if she's really an angel.  But if angels exist, I'm pretty sure they look and sound like Meiko.

Anyway, I had never heard of Meiko, but she put on a great opening set.  I loved her voice, but perhaps more than her voice she had a great stage presence.  She was hilarious, poking fun at herself, her hometown, and a few polite jokes about the audience.  Her self-titled debut album was released in 2007, and experienced a good deal of success on iTunes.

Here's Meiko performing "Reasons To Love You".  Enjoy.... but not too much... we're seeing each other.


Meiko on myspace!  Go here!

No comments:

Post a Comment