Monday, May 9, 2011

Ingrid Michaelson: The Way You Say Good Morning

I first saw Ingrid Michaelson perform in 2007 as an opening act for Matt Nathanson.  I had never heard of her, and just expected her to fill the time before seeing Matt Nathanson take he stage.  She did way more than that.  Her performance was outstanding.  Not only did she have a beautiful voice, but she also sang the themes to "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" and "Full House".  Awesome, right!?  Then she came back out to accompany Matt Nathanson on one of my favorite songs, "Loud".

Since then, Ingrid Michaelson has experienced a great deal of success.  Her songs have been featured on way more TV shows than I can name, and she's worked with a plethora of great musicians.  Her 2007 album Boys and Girls features "The Way I Am" and "Breakable" two of her most popular songs.  Two subsequent releases Be O.K. (2008) and Everybody (2009) have been met with positive reviews.

Here's Ingrid Michaelson performing "The Way I Am".  It's a lovely song, and holds a special place in my heart due to the reference to Rogaine.... I'm balding.


Enjoy the song?  Take a gander at Ingrid Michaelson's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment