Friday, May 6, 2011

Freelance Whales: If You're Vaguely Attracted To Rooftops

Since I first heard Freelance Whales, I've been looking forward to seeing them live.  Tonight, they're playing the 9:30 Club and I'm very excited!  I'm also pumped because Foals is co-headlining the show tonight, and I don't know too much about them.  Hopefully, I'll have another band to feature on the blog after seeing them! 

To celebrate tonight's show, today's post has not one, but two videos!  Freelance Whales recently visited Public School 22 in Staten Island and the PS 22 Chorus.  These kids and their teacher rock!  Check out their blog and see all the amazing people they have met and the amazing music they've made!  This is the reason why the arts need to remain a part of education!  Freelance Whales and the chorus performed a couple songs, and the band answered a few questions.  I'm completely jealous of these kids.

Check them out performing "Hannah" complete with some bonus footage.


Here's the band and chorus collaborating on "Generator (First Floor)".  Then, via request, Freelance Whales perform "Generator (Second Floor)" for the students.


Concert review of tonight's show to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment